In a nod to the principles we share in our new our Hot 26+ Teacher Training program, we’ll be uploading a short thought or quote each Saturday, just for you to ponder, share and enjoy.
These are the words that inspire our writing, and our teaching. Some of them were the catalyst for the development of our PathForward Academy personal growth curriculum.
You’re invited to join me. Share what you have learned!
What quotes and thoughts can you share to encourage others?
All the best,
When we begin with heart, something amazing happens.
– We tend to make better left and right-brained decisions.
– We tend to tap our intuition in ways that encourage and reinforce a right path.
– We become people other people want to be with.
– And we become who we are meant to be.
In fact, Stanford University professor Michael Ray developed a Creativity Course in 1982 that made ‘Relating from your Heart” a crucial part of personal and business success. His work has stood the test of time as a radically different model of success.
His course continues to be applauded by former students, like Jim Collins, author of “Good to Great”; Don Maruska, CEO of three Silicon Valley companies, and Bill Veltrop, large systems change agent, now a household name in the world of business innovation and ideation.
Ray says that when you see with your heart, you practice precise observation: Your vision goes beyond what your eyes can know and is not clouded by your Voice of Judgement. You are able to see the best in people.
This is about living with compassion for yourself and others.
Want to try it?
Here is an exercise “Seeing with Your Heart” from Michael Ray’s book, The Highest Goal.
1. Practice loving everyone you interact with for a week. Associates, clients, friends, enemies, strangers… you get the point. Appreciate the humanness of each person by recognizing that each one has hopes, fears, and personal dreams, just as you do.
The Big Idea: When you are able to see the best in others, they tend to behave the way you see them.
2. Practice seeing yourself with your heart. Have faith in your creativity, suspend limiting judgments about yourself, and contemplate any resistance you might have to this.
The Big Idea: You become more of what you were intended to be. Your highest self will begin shining through.
See what happens for you when you try it for a week. Or try it in a relationship that is important to you. Keep notes in your journal.
And, in an effort to create a more loving world, please post what you have learned!