In a grand plan to take on subjects that bring meaning and connection to our lives, we have decided to start a book club! We decided to call it the “BYLKN BOOK CLUB” (I know… remarkably original) with the idea that:
- We would select a great book to tackle (our first book is The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle)
- We would use our eblasts to publicize the book selection and the date and time of the meeting for that month
- We’d ask folks to read the book on their own prior to the meeting
- We’d all show up for the meeting and dig in
- We’d decide each meeting what we’d tackle for the following one
Our first meeting (July 2015) was so much fun…
Several interested people showed up, and we talked about what The Power of Now is teaching us. There are so many lessons to be learned from Eckart Toole! After a great discussion, we decided to use the August meeting to share ways have or will implement some of the principles from the book into our personal lives.
Whether an avid reader or not, I believe our discussions can be quite interesting on their own merit, so I encourage everyone who wants to join us even if you haven’t read the assignment for the month. The great part is that every person has the opportunity to fully participate or just sit back and listen!
The book club program practices so many important aspects of a full-potential life! Our goal is to continue to keep the everyone engaged and excited about reading through many, many more high-impact books.