Getting ready to take your first Bikram Yoga class? Welcome! We are so happy that you’ve decided to join us. We guarantee that a regular Bikram Yoga practice will change your life in the most wonderful ways. If you feel nervous, scared, or a little intimidated, no problem. Many people feel that way initially. Don’t let it stop you from coming to class. Bikram designed this class for beginners. With a little practice and experience, you’ll quickly feel right at home.
Here are some tips on having a productive session, whether this is your first class, or you are a seasoned Bikram practitioner:
- #1 Goal – Have fun! You have a lifetime to master the full expression of the postures
- Mat, towel, water ,and a open mind are the only necessary items in the yoga room. We rent mats/towels and sell water at the studio if you do not have them
- We respect your time so classes start and stop at the scheduled time. For your safety and the respect of all the students, no late admittance
- We have full furnished locker rooms to store your personal belongings during class. Please bring a lock if you would like to secure your items.
- For your comfort, we recommend avoid eating for at least 2-3 hours before class
- For the most enjoyable class. be well hydrated and drink plenty of water throughout the day
- We recommend avoid wearing perfumes, colognes, scented lotions, etc. You will notice that your senses are heighten as you practice Bikram Yoga
- We recommend that you do your best to stay inside the yoga room throughout the entire class to adjust to the heat. You can sit out postures if needed.
- If nature calls and you must leave during class, please leave and re-enter between postures
- We recommend stillness between postures to focus on yourself and keep your heart rate down during class
- Bikram Yoga is designed to practice everyday – come back often!